Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBRKG402B, 'Provide information from and about records'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide information from and about records' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify and gather records required
1.1. Identify specific information or search criteria required by user
1.2. Identify range of records likely to contain information required and ascertain their availability using appropriate finding aids and records systems
1.3. Obtain range of records likely to contain information required by user, and analyse content
1.4. Track records to record any change in location and use, in accordance with business or records system rules and organisational procedures
1.5. Explain to user any obstacles to obtaining specific records within specified time and agree a timeframe for provision of records
2. Interpret and administer access rules and procedures
2.1. Identify person requesting record/s and confirm access category, in accordance with organisational procedures
2.2. Apply access restriction rules and guidelines to record/s requested to match access category of requester
2.3. Inform requester of their rights to review the decision where access restriction rules and guidelines prevent access
3. Provide the required information and/or records
3.1. Prepare requested information/records in appropriate formats, and in accordance with organisational procedures and specified time lines
3.2. Mask specific records, or portions thereof, in accordance with access rules and organisational procedures
3.3. Document records retrieved and used to provide information, in accordance with business or records system operation and organisational procedures
3.4. Record new locations provided to user in accordance with system rules and organisational procedures
3.5. Deliver record, or record information, within specified timeframes