Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBSMB401A, 'Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify and implement business legal requirements
1.1. Identify and research possible options for the business legal structure using appropriate sources
1.2. Determine legislation and regulatory requirements affecting the operations of the business under its chosen structure
1.3. Develop and implement procedures to ensure full compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
2. Comply with legislation, codes and regulatory requirements
2.1. Establish systems to ensure the legal rights and responsibilities of the business are identified and the business is adequately protected, specifically in relation to occupational health and safety (OHS), business registration and environmental requirements
2.2. Identify taxation principles and requirements relative to the business and follow procedures to ensure compliance
2.3. Identify and carefully maintain legal documents and maintain and update relevant records to ensure their ongoing security and accessibility
2.4. Monitor the provision of products and services of the business to protect legal rights and to comply with legal responsibilities
2.5. Conduct investigations to identify areas of non-compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and take corrective action where necessary
3. Negotiate and arrange contracts
3.1. Seek legal advice on contractual rights and obligations, if required, to clarify business liabilities
3.2. Investigate and assess potential products/services to determine procurement rights and to ensure protection of business interests where applicable
3.3. Negotiate and secure contractual procurement rights for goods and services including contracts with relevant people, as required, in accordance with the business plan
3.4. Identify insurance requirements and acquire adequate cover
3.5. Identify options for leasing/ownership of business premises and complete contractual arrangements in accordance with the business plan