Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBSMB408B, 'Manage personal, family, cultural and business obligations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage personal, family, cultural and business obligations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify personal and business commitments/obligations within family, cultural and community contexts
1.1. Identify the personal, family, cultural and/or community contexts in which the business operates
1.2. Identify the personal, family, cultural and/or community commitments/obligations that impact on the business
1.3. Consider strategies to address and minimise the negative impact these commitments/obligations may have on the business
1.4. Prepare workable plans to address and minimise the impact of these issues
2. Develop ethical work practices within family, cultural and community contexts
2.1. Develop a culturally appropriate work ethic in terms of personal, family and community obligations, and cultural requirements
2.2. Identify and implement strategies to reinforce a culturally appropriate work ethic in the business
2.3. Prepare contingency plans for when alternative action is required due to changes within the business, family, cultural and/or community environments
3. Review work practices within family, cultural and community contexts
3.1. Monitor personal, family, cultural and/or community commitments/obligations to identify any changes that might impact on the business
3.2. Review plans and strategies to ensure that negative impacts of any commitments/obligations are being addressed and implement any necessary changes
3.3. Monitor implementation of the culturally appropriate work ethic to ensure that it is supported and maintained in the business