Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSZ403A, 'Review assessment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Review assessment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Review the assessment procedure(s)
Appropriate personnel are given the opportunity to review the assessment outcomes and procedure using agreed evaluation criteria
The review process established by the enterprise, industry or registered training organisation is followed
The assessment procedure(s) is reviewed at a specified site in cooperation with person(s) being assessed, and any appropriate personnel in the industry/enterprise/training establishment and/or any agency identified under legislation
Review activities are documented, findings are substantiated and the review approach evaluated.
Check consistency of assessment decision
Evidence from a range of assessments is checked for consistency across the dimensions of competency
Evidence is checked against the key competencies
Consistency of assessment decisions with defined performance standards are reviewed and discrepancies and inconsistencies are noted and acted upon
Report review findings
Recommendations are made to appropriate personnel for modifications to the assessment procedure(s) in light of the review outcomes
Records are evaluated to determine whether the needs of appropriate personnel have been met
Effective contributions are made to system-wide reviews of the assessment process and feedback procedures and are reviewed