Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCICS408A, 'Provide support to people with chronic disease'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide support to people with chronic disease' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Provide support in a chronic disease self management context
1.1 Identify the client's chronic disease conditions and support plan
1.2 Identify impairments, activity limitations and/or participation restrictions that the client may experience due to the chronic disease
1.3 Seek information about the chronic disease and its possible impacts on client health, well being and ability to achieve maximum performance in life situations
1.4 Seek information from the client, supervisor and/or health professional in order to understand current client treatments, and other inputs and supports
1.5 Determine the level and type of support and assistance required according to the client, their support plan, worker roles and responsibilities and organisation policy and procedures
1.6 Actively involve the client in the development of strategies to self manage their chronic disease
1.7 Confirm support plan with supervisor
2. Support client in a holistic manner
2.1 Identify with the client the full range of variables that could have an impact on client well being
2.2 Provide support and assistance in a manner that addresses the range of client variables that have an impact on the client's well being
2.3 Support the client to understand the chronic disease condition, within the scope of roles and responsibilities
2.4 Identify and discuss with the client any unmet needs and requirements and make appropriate referral within the scope of work role and responsibilities
3. Provide support as part of a coordinated service approach
3.1 Identify the level and type of contribution of health and community services agencies and professionals in supporting the person, including the role of general practitioner or other primary care provider
3.2 Identify the level and type of contribution to supporting the client made by family/care providers
3.3 Identify own communication role and requirements within the support system
3.4 Identify any variations to client's needs, health and/or emotional well being and make appropriate referral
3.5 Identify the appropriate communication and reporting processes within the client's support system
3.6 Identify strategies forworker self care