Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUAIND401A, 'Extend expertise in specialist field'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Extend expertise in specialist field' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Research and apply industry trends
1.1. Identify industry trends using appropriate sources of information
1.2. Examine and clarify implications and consequences of trends for own practice
1.3. Critique and review trends with appropriate personnel to explore, develop and express conceptual ideas
1.4. Explore and use new ideas to expand own approach to developing techniques relevant to specialist field
1.5. Maintain currency of knowledge of legislative requirements and apply in area of specialist expertise as required
2. Adopt a disciplined approach to extending skills in area of specialisation
2.1. Plan strategies to develop and enhance skills and knowledge in specialist field
2.2. Ensure that skill development activities are based on a sound understanding of the principles and characteristics of techniques relevant to specialist field
2.3. Identify and use feedback, discussion and evaluation techniques to continuously improve skills and knowledge
3. Evaluate own professional development in specialist context
3.1. Seek and apply constructive criticism from others to improve own skills
3.2. Continuously evaluate own skills and knowledge against planned strategies and career goals
3.3. Compare and contrast own skills and knowledge with those of other specialists in order to extend and enhance own professional work practices
3.4. Adjust own professional work practices to improve and refine skills and knowledge