Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FNSPRT302, 'Administer a non-complex estate'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Administer a non-complex estate' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Initiate estate administration process
1.1 Open an estate file in accordance with organisational requirements and confirm there are no existing complex matters
1.2 Advise relevant parties on the role of executor and the estate administration process including the types of administration
1.3 Confirm existence of estate's assets and beneficiaries
1.4 Prepare and lodge application to prove the will and obtain administration
1.5 Record authority, on receipt, to commence administration
2. Identify estate assets, liabilities and beneficiaries
2.1 Obtain valuation of estate assets and liabilities
2.2 Prepare statements of assets and liabilities on organisational record keeping system
2.3 Prepare a tax return to date of death seeking assistance from specialists as necessary
2.4 Locate all beneficiaries and establish their identity
2.5 Collect and deposit liquid assets into estate account with cash receipted, when necessary, according to organisational and legislative requirements
2.6 Prepare and submit a schedule of beneficiaries and their entitlements to appropriate persons in the organisation for approval
3. Distribute and finalise estate
3.1 Prepare a trustee tax return where required seeking assistance from specialists as necessary
3.2 Pay liabilities and transfer assets that have not been liquidated in accordance with the will or beneficiaries' instructions
3.3 Calculate and deduct corpus commission, fees and charges that apply
3.4 Prepare and arrange final distribution payments and financial statements to be provided to beneficiaries