Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAIN302C, 'Provide support in an acute care environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide support in an acute care environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Maintain accurate records
1.1 Carry out work with an understanding of the purpose of health records
1.2 Provide written reports and workplace forms that contain clear, concise and factual information and reflect legal and organisation requirements
1.3 File documents in client health records according to acute care protocols
1.4 Protect confidentiality of client health records according to organisation protocols
2. Comply with the administration protocols of an acute care environment
2.1 Complete workplace forms and documents according to organisation timeframes, protocols and procedures
2.2 Store and maintain information according to organisation protocols and procedures
2.3 Respond promptly to inquiries and requests according to established procedures and by using appropriate communication equipment
3. Collect and process workplace information
3.1 Use available business equipment/technology to obtain information effectively
3.2 Use business equipment/technology to process information according to organisation requirements
3.3 Comply with organisation security and confidentiality requirements
3.4 Update, modify and file according to organisation requirements
3.5 Collate and dispatch information according to specific timeframes and organisation requirements
4. Support equipment requirements in an acute care environment
4.1 Consult with nursing care team and reference material to determine equipment needs
4.2 Select equipment appropriate to the task and according to equipment requirements, organisation protocols and procedures and manufacturers' guidelines
4.3 Organise equipment within agreed timeframes
4.4 Deal with issues and problems associated with the operation of equipment according to organisation protocols
4.5 Clean equipment according to manufacturer specifications and store safely in appropriate place