Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTAP401B, 'Confirm physical health status'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Confirm physical health status' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Obtain information about physical health status
1.1 Work with a detailed understanding of the structure and functioning of body systems
1.2 Take into account the range of factors that may have impacted on an identified physical condition
1.3 Obtain information through observation and/or questioning to identify any actual or potential problems regarding health status
2. Check physical health status
2.1 Use detailed knowledge of the structure and functioning of body systems to check health status prior to delivering health intervention or service in line with plan of care
2.2 Clarify the significance of physical health status in relation to a particular intervention in line with job role and organisation requirements
2.3 Consult appropriate person to clarify implications and significance of physical health status in the case of uncertainty or limits on own capability or authority
3. Identify variations from normal physical health status
3.1 Identify a range of signs and symptoms of variations from normal health status using standard methods and protocols
3.2 Identify potential factors responsible for significant variations from normal health status
3.3 Identify potential risk factors associated with variations from normal health status
3.4 Recognise and refer potentially serious issues in line with organisation requirements