Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTMT515B, 'Manage compliance with mortuary standards and regulations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage compliance with mortuary standards and regulations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Monitor legal and regulatory requirements and standards
1.1 Identify legislation, regulation and standards relevant to the mortuary environment
1.2 Seek evidence of compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and standards regularly
1.3 Report on compliance with relevant legislation, regulation and standards in accordance with organisation policies and procedures
2. Develop effective policies and procedures to meet legal and regulatory requirements
2.1 Develop procedures and policies that adequately reflect legal obligations and requirements in consultation with relevant medical officer/health professionals
2.2 Ensure that policies and procedures are distributed to relevant mortuary staff
2.3 Update policies and procedures regularly or as required to ensure the relevance of advice and information
3. Ensure ongoing development of self and team regarding compliance with mortuary standard and regulations
3.1 Monitor own performance against relevant legislation, regulation and standards
3.2 Seek out and access opportunities for formal and informal development of skills and knowledge to optimise performance
3.3 Monitor individual performances and develop performance to enhance team performance
3.4 Ensure coaching and mentoring contributes effectively to development of workplace knowledge, skills and attitudes
4. Monitor the implementation of policies and procedures
4.1 Monitor compliance with policies and procedures in consultation with relevant mortuary staff on a regular basis
4.2 Identify and report processes, practices and conditions which could result in non-compliance with relevant standards and regulations in accordance with organisation requirements
4.3 Raise issues in line with organisation requirements
4.4 Take corrective action in accordance with level of responsibility