Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver LMFUP2006B, 'Dismantle_reassemble furniture for upholstering'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Dismantle_reassemble furniture for upholstering' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for work
1.1. Item to be dismantled is inspected and components identified
1.2. Workplace health and safety requirements, including personal protection needs, are observed throughout the work
1.3. Work required, including the process/order for dismantling according to the workplace procedures, is identified
1.4. Tools and equipment are selected and checked for safe and effective operation for the task
2. Dismantle furniture
2.1. Items to be dismantled are identified
2.2. Items are dismantled to the extent required in the work instructions using appropriate tools and procedures
2.3. Any previous upholstery is noted for wear, condition and application techniques
2.4. Fasteners and attachments are removed and stored
2.5. Component parts are separated, tagged and stored following workplace procedures
2.6. Component parts dispatched to the next process according to workplace procedures
3. Reassemble furniture
3.1. Items to be reassembled are identified
3.2. Items are reassembled to the extent required in the work instructions using appropriate tools and procedures
3.3. Upholstered components are noted for the security and condition of the upholstered fittings
3.4. Fasteners and attachments are selected and used according to workplace procedures
3.5. Assembled piece is dispatched to the next process according to workplace procedures
4. Complete work
4.1. Equipment used is cleaned, inspected for serviceable condition and stored in accordance with workplace procedures
4.2. Equipment faults are identified, tagged and reported to appropriate personnel
4.3. Work area is cleaned and returned to operational condition