Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MEA115, 'Plan and implement aeronautical product maintenance activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and implement aeronautical product maintenance activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan aeronautical product maintenance activities
Maintenance requirements are determined from applicable sources
Maintenance tasks are analysed and prioritised
Resource requirements are identified and allocated to ensure the timely and efficient completion of maintenance tasks
Maintenance tasks to be performed are recorded in accordance with enterprise policy and procedures
Implement aeronautical product maintenance activities
Roles and responsibilities of maintenance personnel are communicated and agreed
Resources and equipment required to perform maintenance tasks are identified and arranged
Regular liaison with maintenance personnel is maintained to ensure that tasks are being completed and continuity is maintained
Management/stakeholders are provided with regular updates on maintenance progress by way of written or verbal communication, including notes, worksheets, status reports, briefs and individual directives
Maintenance activities are monitored to ensure compliance with prescribed instructions, policy, procedures and/or regulatory requirements
Advice and assistance with maintenance activities is provided, as required
Maintenance problems are resolved in accordance with the applicable maintenance documentation
Evaluate and report maintenance outcomes
Final maintenance outcomes are evaluated against the applicable maintenance documentation in accordance with enterprise policy and procedures
Maintenance reports are collated, evaluated and forwarded to appropriate management personnel in accordance with regulatory requirements, enterprise policy and procedures
Required maintenance release documentation is packaged with items of aeronautical product that are being released to service