Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MEM10019, 'Select circuit protection devices by type and rating, fit to switchboards and install earthing'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Select circuit protection devices by type and rating, fit to switchboards and install earthing' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine job requirements
Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Comply with work health and safety (WHS) requirements at all times, including appropriate risk control measures
Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with SOPs
Identify job and load requirements from specifications, drawings, job sheets or work instructions
Prepare and select circuit protection controls and devices for electrical installations
Organise circuits and switchboard equipment to comply with layout drawings, specifications and regulatory requirements
Select suitable circuit protective devices to meet specifications
Select RCDs to meet required circuit requirements and specifications
Select switchgear/control gear by type, rating and purpose for a particular installation or part of an installation
Install circuit protection controls and devices for electrical installations
Isolate and tag circuits and equipment in accordance with procedures, where required
Install circuit protection devices in compliance with job specifications and requirements
Install RCDs, where required, to protect all lighting and socket outlets in final subcircuits in domestic electrical installations
Install switchgear (including main switch/s) and control gear according to manufacturer and regulatory requirements
Check installed components are straight and square in the required locations and within acceptable tolerances
Terminate earthing to meet with the MEN system requirements
Inspect installed components and earthing system visually to ensure compliance
Test the earthing system for continuity and insulation resistance to ensure compliance
Mark all switches, circuit-breakers, RCDs and other electrical equipment on or adjacent to the switchboard
Document selection of circuit protection devices and electrical installation arrangement in accordance with SOPs