Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMC552006, 'Operate an autoclave'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate an autoclave' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare the equipment for production
Conduct equipment pre-start procedures and visual checks according to enterprise procedure
Set up and configure equipment start-up function in accordance with procedures/work instructions
Load raw materials onto autoclave cars in accordance with procedures/work instructions
Charge materials into autoclave and close and secure the vessel in accordance with procedures/work instructions
Start up equipment in accordance with procedures/work instructions
Ensure equipment is operated in accordance with established enterprise procedures
Monitor and record operation
Monitor equipment performance in accordance with work instructions and manufacturer specifications
Monitor operating pressures and temperatures
Adjust and control equipment to ensure correct product quality
Complete appropriate records and logs
Rectify routine problems
Identify the range of faults that can occur during the operation
Determine and rectify fault causes by procedures/work instructions
Identify and rectify equipment failure causes in accordance with procedures/work instructions
Ensure appropriate records and log books of equipment operations are maintained to meet procedures/work instructions
Identify non-routine problems and report to designated person
Shut down equipment
Shut down equipment and depressurise vessel in accordance with work instructions
Open the vessel and discharge cured product
Complete appropriate records and logs
Ensure autoclave cars are clear of all product and left ready for reuse
Shut down equipment in an emergency situation
Prepare equipment for maintenance
Isolate equipment in accordance with work instructions
Remove any broken materials safely
Make sure area is clear and safe for maintenance
Identify hazards from the autoclave
Identify other hazards in autoclave area
Assess the risks arising from those hazards
Implement measures to control those risks in line with procedures