Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMC552040, 'Operate glass melting process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate glass melting process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare the melting equipment
Establish production program and melting guidelines from the job specifications/work instructions
Conduct furnace pre-start procedures according to enterprise procedure checklist
Ensure furnace start-up function complies with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Ensure glass melting equipment is operated in accordance with established enterprise procedures
Test furnace back-up equipment
Make sure furnace back-up equipment test schedule is maintained
Conduct back-up equipment test procedures to meet specific enterprise requirements
Melt raw materials
Interpret the molten glass mix and required furnace operation from job specifications
Melt glass and monitor furnace and other operating parameters in accordance with established enterprise procedures
Monitor and interpret data and adjust operation
Monitor instruments and control panels, and interpret test results for fluctuations, variations and trends
Monitor plant and process and deduce conditions of materials in process and products being made
Determine appropriate action to improve process operation
Adjust furnace controls to ensure glass melt parameters are maintained to job specifications
Check that process operation has improved
Continue analysing data and making adjustments until desired level of process operation is achieved and product is within specifications in accordance with work instructions
Identify the range of faults that can occur during the operation
Determine and rectify fault causes in accordance with established enterprise procedures
Identify and rectify equipment failure causes in accordance with established enterprise procedures
Make sure appropriate records and log books of equipment operations are maintained to meet enterprise requirements
Identify non-routine problems and report to designated person
Identify hazards from the job to be done
Identify other hazards in the work area
Assess the risks arising from those hazards
Implement measures to control those risks in line with procedures