Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMC557091, 'Design a refractory lining'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design a refractory lining' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Confirm required end use
Liaise with relevant stakeholders
Confirm the end use conditions for the refractory
Identify discrepancies or conflicts in requirements
Negotiate a consistent set of requirements for the refractory installation
Undertake preliminary design
Compare the benefits of different types of refractory installations
Undertake required structural design calculations
Undertake the required heat transfer calculations
Undertake relevant thermal expansion calculations
Determine implications for refractory material selection
Liaise with refractory material selector
Compare possible design solutions
Compare the refractory systems with the set of requirements
Rank possible refractory system solutions
Identify health, safety and environmental (HSE) risks of top ranked possible refractory system solutions
Estimate the cost of top ranked possible refractory system solutions
Design refractory system
Liaise with relevant stakeholders
Determine installation, repair or removal issues of relevance to the refractory systems
Review shortlist ranking
Recommend optimum refractory system for the end use
Develop design and technical specification for recommended refractory component
Determine suitable format for design and specification
Prepare design and specification
Review specification with refractory material selector, production and customer
Modify design and specification if required
Publish design and specification in required format to required people/organisations