Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMC557092, 'Specify and interpret refractory tests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Specify and interpret refractory tests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine information required from tests
Analyse relevant documents for any test information requirements
Liaise with relevant stakeholders to determine test information requirements
Confirm the end use conditions for the refractory
Identify discrepancies or conflicts in requirements
Negotiate a consistent set of test information requirements
Specify required tests
Determine data required to yield the required information
Determine range of tests and test methods which will yield that data the set of requirements
Make a preliminary selection of tests which will provide required data
Identify health, safety and environmental (HSE) risks of possible tests
Estimate the cost of possible tests
Confirm test data will yield information required by stakeholders
Specify preferred range of tests and test methods to provide required data
Specify sampling regime
Identify sample requirements of specified tests
Determine sampling frequency required to meet information requirements
Draft sampling regime
Liaise with relevant stakeholders in relation to sampling regime
Negotiate changes to sampling regime and/or information requirements as required.
Finalise testing and sampling regime
Interpret test data
Inspect test data for anomalies or discrepancies and take required action
Determine required information from test data
Analyse information as required
File and report information as required
Take appropriate action based on information