Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PRMCL22B, 'Organise and monitor cleaning operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Organise and monitor cleaning operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Identify work requirements
1.1 Review work order and the site to gain a comprehensive understanding of the work implications in accordance with company requirements and clarify any issues with appropriate person(s)
1.2 Identify special requirements arising from site characteristics or client requests in accordance with occupational health and safety (OHS) and company requirements
1.3 Clarify client needs, expectations and preferences using appropriate interpersonal skills and communication technique(s) in accordance with company requirements
2 Analyse resource implications and provide resources
2.1 Analyse the work order resource requirements and available resources in accordance with company requirements
2.2 Develop work schedules and assign available personnel with recognised competencies in accordance with OHS and company requirements
2.3 Assess the type(s) and quantity of equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), chemicals and consumables required to fulfil the work order in accordance with company requirements
2.4 Supply suitable equipment, PPE, chemicals and consumables for the cleaning operation in accordance with the work order, manufacturers' specifications and OHS and company requirements
3 Communicate work requirements
3.1 Advise work team members of work schedules and responsibilities using appropriate communication methods in accordance with company requirements
3.2 Confirm work team members' understanding of their tasks and responsibilities by using appropriate interpersonal skills and communication techniques in accordance with company requirements
3.3 Identify any work restrictions affecting the completion of the work order and adjust work schedules in accordance with company requirements