Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPSCI602A, 'Influence innovation and change through extension'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Influence innovation and change through extension' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Investigate extension issues and methodologies
1.1 Extension issues are investigated in relation to required program outcomes in accordance with organisational requirements.
1.2 Extension objectives are developed to further organisational outcomes and client needs.
1.3 Leadership is provided to extension colleagues, decisions are influenced and directions are monitored and changed in accordance with emerging requirements.
1.4 The characteristics of client target groups are identified and interpretation of research information is adapted for different target groups.
1.5 Dissemination methodology, techniques and strategies are developed and used in accordance with the type of research information and client needs/preferences.
1.6 Issues relating to intellectual property are identified and exploited in accordance with organisational requirements.
2. Prepare for innovation and change management
2.1 Strategic industry alliances and networks are built and used to develop and apply industry knowledge to influence client decision making and practices.
2.2 The industry sector is analysed in relation to size, economic impact, and political importance in order to determine risks, and manage resistance to change and other contingencies.
2.3 Change management strategies are developed in accordance with organisational policy and practices to strategically influence the industry sector.
2.4 Risks are determined and risk management strategies are developed and applied in accordance with change management strategies and organisational requirements.
2.5 Resources are attracted and managed, and a communication/marketing strategy is developed in accordance with program responsibilities, extension objectives and organisational requirements.
3. Influence innovation and change
3.1 Clients are influenced in accordance with organisational requirements to seek innovative solutions and to manage change.
3.2 Resistance to change is analysed and managed in accordance with organisational requirements.
3.3 Local and regional extension services are designed and implemented in accordance with organisational requirements, and extension methods are set to meet organisational guidelines and the needs of clients.
3.4 Communication/marketing strategy is implemented and information/advice is monitored to ensure it is relevant, accurate and tailored to client needs in terms of concepts, language and format.
3.5 Client problems are negotiated and resolved, and new issues are identified and documented for further research in accordance with organisational requirements.
4. Monitor and evaluate adoption of innovation and change
4.1 Adoption of innovation and change is evaluated and strategies are recommended to improve future outcomes.
4.2 Outcomes are evaluated and reported against extension objectives and required organisational outcomes in accordance with organisational requirements.
4.3 Revised strategies are implemented and evaluated, and contingencies are managed in accordance with organisational requirements for continuous improvement.
4.4 Outcomes with political/policy implications are identified and contributions are made to policy development in accordance with organisational requirements.