Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PUAPRO001B, 'Promote a learning environment in the workplace'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote a learning environment in the workplace' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Create learning opportunities
1.1 Workplace environments which facilitate learning are developed and supported.
1.2 Learning plans are developed as an integral part of individual/team performance plans.
1.3 Learning plans reflect the diversity of learning styles, development needs and learning opportunities.
1.4 Individual/team access to, and participation in, learning opportunities is facilitated.
1.5 Consultation with training and development specialists results in the planning and provision of learning which enhances individual, team and organisation performance.
2. Facilitate and promote learning
2.1 Workplace activities are used as opportunities for learning.
2.2 Coaching and mentoring is used to develop workplace knowledge, skills and attitudes.
2.3 The benefits of learning are shared with others in the team/organisation.
2.4 Workplace achievement is recognised by timely and appropriate recognition, feedback and rewards.
3. Monitor and improve learning effectiveness
3.1 Performance of individuals/teams is monitored to determine the type and extent of additional work based support.
3.2 Feedback from individuals/teams is used to identify and introduce improvements in future learning arrangements.
3.3 Change in the workplace environment is facilitated to promote learning.
3.4 Records and reports of competency are documented and maintained within the organisation's systems and procedures.