Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RGRCMN401A, 'Maintain and monitor OHS procedures and environmental work practices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain and monitor OHS procedures and environmental work practices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Maintain standards of a safe workplace and environment.
1. Legislation, standards and organisation's policies and practices relevant to the maintenance of a safe workplace and environment are conveyed to colleagues or work team where applicable, and are followed accurately.
2. Arrangements are made to provide information in a language, style and format understood by colleagues and teams .
Monitor, adjust and report safety and environmental performance.
3. Work practices are monitored with colleagues to ensure compliance with requirements specified in legislation and standards for safe workplaces and environments.
4. Actual and potential safety and environmental hazards are identified and reported promptly and decisively to ensure workplace and environmental safety.
5. Hazards are managed so that risks are minimised.
6. Waste recycling, reduction and disposal are carried out in line with legislative and organisational requirements.
7. Work practices for dealing with accidents, fires and emergencies are maintained and conveyed to colleagues and teams.
8. Contingency plan is implemented immediately when unplanned incidents occur.
9. Recommendations to make improvements to comply with legislation and associated standards are submitted to designated personnel .
Support participative arrangements for the management of a safe workplace and environment.
10. Organisational consultative procedures are monitored to facilitate participation of work teams in the management of workplace safety and the environment.
11. Information is gathered and improvements are suggested to support the development of improved safety and environmental work practices .
12. Individuals and teams are informed of improvements and training is provided where required.
13. Systems, records and reporting procedures are maintained according to organisational and legislative requirements.