Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RGRPSG402A, 'Manage greyhound health and welfare'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage greyhound health and welfare' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan greyhound health and emergency care procedures.
1. Health and emergency care protocols and programs are developed and relayed to staff.
2. Greyhounds' housing is arranged in suitable and approved premises that are maintained to health and safety standards specified by the rules of racing and other regulations .
3. Health status of individual greyhounds is assessed.
4. Infectious diseases are identified and control measures implemented.
5. Signs and symptoms of distressed or injured greyhounds are identified and prioritised.
Undertake health management programs for greyhounds.
6. Vaccination programs are implemented.
7. Parasite control programs are implemented.
8. Health records are compiled and updated.
Decide upon treatment for greyhounds.
9. Health care and managementare determined.
10. Prognosis for common illnesses and injuries is discussed.
11. Need for veterinary assistance or other specialist advice is determined.
12. Treatment options are evaluated and preferred option is selected for common injuries and illnesses.
Administer treatment and monitor greyhound's progress.
13. Medication and treatments are administered according to kennel procedures, directions and industry and animal welfare regulations.
14. Greyhound recovery is monitored and health records are updated.