Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RUV1101A, 'Prepare for animal care work'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare for animal care work' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Observe safe work practices
Personal protective clothing and equipment is used according to best practice standards when completing work tasks.
The safety of machines, tools and equipment is checked before use.
Correct manual handling techniques are used.
Hazards are reported to supervisors.
Supervisors are immediately informed verbally when there is an emergency.
Machines, tools and equipment are operated to manufacturers' specifications and in accordance with supervisors' instructions.
Safety procedures involved in the handling of hazardous substances are followed as required.
Safety procedures to protect the health and safety of people in the workplace are followed.
Communicate with others
Instructions and notices are interpreted and observed.
Simple messages from clients are taken and passed on to supervisors.
Communication is conducted in a courteous manner.
Contribute to a productive work environment
Work practices contribute positively to quality, productivity and conditions, and promote cooperation and good relationships in the work environment.
Industry expectations of conduct and presentation are determined and observed.
Information on working in the industry including employment terms and conditions is collected.
Work practices are consistent with workplace standards relating to anti-discrimination and workplace harassment.