Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMGT002A, 'Maintain employee relations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain employee relations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify awards and agreements.
Identify and interpret relevant awards and agreements accurately.
Apply relevant awards and agreements accurately and equally to all staff.
Regularly and accurately inform staff of changes in awards and agreements.
Make copy of relevant awards and agreements available to employee if requested.
Identify and minimise potential industrial problems.
Regularly provide opportunities for staff to discuss problems that directly or indirectly affect their work.
Counsel staff, if required, in a positive and constructive manner or refer to appropriate personnel when necessary.
Promptly identify potential and actual conflicts between staff and take effective remedial action as soon as practicable.
Apply remedial action according to store policy and procedures and legislative requirements.
Accurately maintain records of conflict and outcomes according to store policy.
Implement dispute settlement procedures.
Promptly identify disputes or grievances.
Apply store dispute and grievance procedures and legislative requirements accurately and promptly.
Accurately inform staff of current procedures and policies.
Apply all procedures and policies in an impartial manner.
Accurately and completely record details of all procedures and make available to authorised personnel.
Promptly refer unsettled disputes or grievances to management.
Promptly refer recommendation for improvements to dispute and grievance procedures to management.