Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXSLS001A, 'Sell products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Sell products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Apply product knowledge.
Demonstrate knowledge of the use and application of relevant products and services according to store policy and legislative requirements.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Determine and apply timing of customer approach.
Identify and apply effective sales approach.
Convey a positive impression to arouse customer interest.
Demonstrate knowledge of customer buying behaviour.
Apply questioning techniques to determine customer buying motives.
Use listening skills to determine customer requirements.
Interpret and clarify non-verbal communication cues.
Identify customers by name where possible.
Direct customer to specific merchandise.
Match customer needs to appropriate products and services.
Communicate knowledge of products features and benefits clearly to customers.
Describe product use and safety requirements to customers.
Refer customers to appropriate product specialist as required.
Answer routine customer questions about merchandise accurately and honestly or refer to senior sales staff.
Identify and accept customer objections.
Categorise objections into price, time and merchandise characteristics.
Offer solutions according to store policy.
Apply problem solving to overcome customer objections.
Monitor, identify and respond appropriately to customer buying signals.
Encourage customer to make purchase decisions.
Select and apply appropriate method of closing sale.
Maximise sales opportunities.
Recognise and apply opportunities for making additional sales.
Advise customer of complementary products or services according to customer's identified need.
Review personal sales outcomes to maximise future sales.