Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAADEL301A, 'Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Organise instruction and demonstration
Information about learner characteristics and their learning needs is gathered
A safe learning environment is confirmed
Learners are notified of the training details
Instruction and demonstration objectives are gathered and checked and assistance is sought if required
Relevant learning resources and learning materials are obtained and checked for relevance and assistance is sought if required in interpreting the contextual application
Any equipment or physical resources required for the demonstration are organised
Conduct instruction and demonstration
Interpersonal skills are used to establish a safe and comfortable learning environment
The learning program and/or delivery plan is followed to ensure all learning objectives are covered
Learners are briefed on any occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures and requirements prior to and during training
Techniques are used to structure, pace and enhance learning
Communication skills are used to provide information, instruct learners and demonstrate relevant work skills
Opportunities for practice are provided during instruction and through work activities
Feedback on learner performance is provided and discussed to support learning
Check training performance
Measures are used to ensure learners are acquiring and can use new technical/generic skills and knowledge
Personal delivery style and performance in providing instruction and demonstration is reviewed and strategies for improvement are reflected upon
Learner records are maintained, stored and secured in accordance with legal/organisational requirements