Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEED117A, 'Install and configure network systems for internetworking'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and configure network systems for internetworking' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to install and configure internetworking systems.
OHS processes and procedures for a given work area are obtained and understood.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures in preparation for the work are followed.
The extent of internetworking to be installed and configured is determined from internetworking performance specifications and in consultations with relevant persons.
Media and software required for internetworking is selected in accordance with organisation’s established procedures.
Network cabling test reports are obtained and reviewed to determine whether it complies with the required regulatory and performance standard.
Activities are planned to meet scheduled timelines in consultation with others involved on the work.
Appropriate development tools and software are selected based on specified requirements and performance standard.
Strategies are implemented to ensure network development is carried out efficiently.
Install and configure internetworking systems.
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Knowledge of internetworking arrangements, subnetting and routing protocols are applied to installing and configuring routers and TCP/IP addresses.
Routing protocols are selected and configured as per requirements specified for the internetworking systems.
Common routing, TCP/IP and access malfunctions are identified and rectified using known solutions drawing knowledge of basic internetworking arrangements and protocol.
Approaches to issues/problems are analysed to provide most effective solutions.
Quality of work is monitored against personal performance agreement and/or established organizational or professional standards.
Report install and configuring of internetworking systems.
Written justification is made for internetworking installation and configuring activities and appropriate person/s notified in accordance with established procedures.
Network services records are maintained in accordance with established procedures.