Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEJ003B, 'Determine the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Determine the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to determine the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood through established routines and procedures
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed in preparation for the work
Safety hazards which have not previously been identified are reported and advice on risk control measures is sought from the work supervisor
Expected operating conditions are obtained from documentation or from work supervisor to establish the scope of work to be undertaken
Advice is sought from the work supervisor to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others
Sources of materials that may be required for the work are identified and accessed in accordance with established routines and procedures
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to determine the basic operating conditions are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety
Determine the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed
Measuring system operating parameters is conducted in strict accordance with OHS requirements and established safety procedures
System is checked and isolated where necessary, in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures
Established procedures are used to determine actual and specified range of operating conditions from measured and calculated values as they apply to particular vapour compression systems.
Established methods for dealing with unexpected situations are discussed with appropriate person or persons and documented.
Unexpected situations are dealt with safely and with the approval of an authorised person
Operating conditions are determined without damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy practices
Complete work and report
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed
Work site and equipment is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures
Operation conditions are documented, including identification of any parameter that is not within the specified range for the system
Work supervisor is notified of the completion of the work in accordance with established procedures