Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEM077A, 'Install and maintain the integrity of fixed gas detection equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and maintain the integrity of fixed gas detection equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for installation gas detection equipment.
OHS policies and procedures for preparing to work in a hazardous area are followed.
Location in which gas detection of equipment is to be installed is determined from design documents.
Gas detection equipment markings are checked to ensure they conform to design specifications and certification documents.
Certification document supplied with each item of gas detection equipment is collected for inclusion in site records.
Install gas detection equipment.
OHS policies and procedures are followed.
Gas detection equipment is installed in appropriate locations and in conformance with design specifications, standards and within the limits specified by the equipment certification and manufacturer.
Gas detection is installed in a manner that does not reduce the type of protection afforded by any associated explosion-equipment design.
Response checking and calibration of gas detection equipment.
OHS policies and procedures are followed.
Gas detection equipment is formally checked and calibrated periodically in accordance with established site requirements and instrument accuracy.
Installation and maintenance of gas detection equipment is documented in accordance with requirements and forwarded to personnel responsible for compiling verification dossier.