Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEP026A, 'Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to test cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
OHS risk control work preparation measures and procedures are followed.
Advice is sought from an appropriate person to minimise disruption to the work place.
Cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies to be tested are obtained.
Portable apparatus testing device is checked for correct operation and safety.
Test cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies
OHS risk control work measures and procedures are followed.
Measures are followed to ensure that cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies to be tested are not connected to the electrical supply.
Knowledge of electrical safety requirements and parameters are applied to safety testing to ensure correct interpretation of test results.
Visual checks of the cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies are carried out in accordance with established procedures to detect any abnormal or obvious damage or fault.
Approval is obtained in accordance with established procedures from appropriate personnel, before any contingencies are implemented.
Established PAT routines are followed to test cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies.
Unsafe cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies are identified from test results
Testing is undertaken effectively with minimum waste of energy and damage to apparatus.
Tag tested cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies and document testing activities
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies are tagged according to their safety status.
Arrangements are made for unsafe cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies to be repaired by a recognised competent person.
Safety testing activities are documented in accordance with requirements and established routines procedures.