Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRIS69A, 'Diagnose and rectify faults in energy supply apparatus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Diagnose and rectify faults in energy supply apparatus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to diagnose and rectify faults
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures in preparation for the work are followed.
Safety hazards which have not previously been identified are documented and risk control measures devised and implemented in consultation with appropriate personnel.
The extent of faults is determined from reports and other documentation and fro discussion with appropriate personnel
Appropriate personnel are consulted to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others involved on the work site
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to diagnose faults are obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked for correct operation and safety.
Diagnose and rectify faults
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
The need to test or measure live is determined in strict accordance with OHS requirements and when necessary conducted within established safety procedures
Circuits/machines/plant are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures
Logical diagnostic methods are applied to diagnose energy supply apparatus faults employing measurements and estimations of system operating parameters referenced to system operational requirements.
Suspected fault scenarios are tested as being the source of system problems.
Cause of the faults are identified and appropriately competent persons are engaged to rectify the fault where it is outside the scope of the control system.
Faults in the apparatus components are rectified to raise energy supply apparatus to its operation standard.
Apparatus is tested to verify that it operates as intended and to specified requirements
Decisions for dealing with unexpected situations are made from discussions with appropriate persons and job specifications and requirements.
Methods for dealing with unexpected situations are selected on the basis of safety and specified work outcomes.
Diagnosis and rectification activities are carried out efficiently without unnecessary waste of materials or damage to apparatus and the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy practices.
Complete and report fault diagnosis and rectification activities
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is made safe in accordance with established safety procedures.
Rectification of faults is documented in accordance with established procedures.
Appropriate person or persons notified, in accordance with established procedures, that the system faults have been rectified