Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRSB25A, 'Maintain high voltage power and instrument transformers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain high voltage power and instrument transformers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare/plan to maintain HV power system transformers and instrument transformers
Work schedules including drawings, plans, requirements procedures and material lists are acquired, analysed and the extent of work determined.
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are communicated to all personnel and identified for all work sites.
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear, to ensure safe systems of work are followed and according to established procedures.
Work is prioritised and sequenced for the most efficient and effective outcome following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes, to agreed quality standards and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Risk control measures are identified, prioritised, implemented and evaluated against the work schedule.
Resources including personnel, equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are identified, acquired and confirmed in safe/technical working order.
Liaison issues with other personnel and/or authorities are resolved and activities coordinated to facilitate the work.
Personnel participating in the work including plant operators and contractors are fully briefed, their respective responsibilities explained and coordinated and appropriate authorisation checked in accordance with established procedures.
Work site is prepared according to the work schedule and to minimise risk and damage to property and personnel in accordance with established procedures.
Carry out the maintenance of transformers and instrument transformers
OHS and sustainable energy principles and practices to reduce the incidence of accidents and minimise waste are implemented and monitored in accordance with established procedures.
CPR, Rescue from live electrical apparatus and other related safety procedures are in place according to requirements and established procedures.
Safe working documentation is acquired and requirements completed in accordance with established procedures.
Lifting, climbing and working aloft, use of power tools/equipment techniques and practices are safely exercised in accordance with established procedures.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are monitored and preventive action taken and/or appropriate authorities consulted where necessary in accordance with established procedures.
Essential knowledge and associated skills are applied for the safe maintenance of HV power system transformers and instrument transformers to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and, to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements.
Transformer/instrument transformer is isolated and maintained in accordance with manufacturers and enterprise procedures and recommendations.
Diagnostic measurements are carried out and results interpreted, analysed and recorded as per established procedures.
Transformer/instrument transformer is restored in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Unplanned events or conditions are responded to in accordance with established procedures.
Complete the maintenance of transformers and instrument transformers
Work undertaken is checked against work schedule for conformance with requirements, anomalies reported and solutions identified in accordance with established procedures.
Safe working documentation is surrendered and transformer/instrument transformer made ready for service.
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and confirmed safe in accordance with established procedures.
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures.
Required works completion records, reports and/or documentation and information are completed, processed and appropriate personnel notified in accordance with established procedures.