Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRTP25A, 'Pre-tension stringing overhead transmission conductors and cables'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Pre-tension stringing overhead transmission conductors and cables' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to pre-tension string the transmission overhead conductors and cables
Work instructions are received and confirmed.
Relevant requirements and established procedures to be followed for the work to be preformed are discussed with all personnel to establish and confirm the work schedule.
OHS policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed.
Suggestions to assist in meeting pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables outcomes are made to others involved in the work.
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and emergency exits kept clear according to given instructions and established procedures.
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work permit are received and confirmed according to requirements and established procedures with relevant personnel.
Resources including, equipment, tools and personnel protective equipment required for the job are obtained and, in working order according to established procedures.
Relevant responsibility associated with First Aid, Tower/Pole Top Rescue and/or other related work safety procedures at the work site are confirmed in accordance with requirements and established procedures to ensure safety measures are followed in the instance of an incident.
Client issues are referred to appropriate personnel in accordance with industry/acceptable /community standards.
Site is prepared according to given instructions and the work schedule for a quality outcome and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce, and individuals in accordance and established procedures.
Road signs, barriers and other warning devices are positioned in accordance with given instructions and requirements.
Carry out pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables
OHS and sustainable energy principles and practices to reduce the incidents of accidents and minimise waste are followed in accordance with given instructions, requirements and/or established procedures.
Lifting, climbing, working aloft, and use of power tools/equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with given instructions and, according to requirements confirmed to eliminate the prospects of incidents.
Operational knowledge for the pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables to be applied to the work is confirmed to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and, to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements and established procedures.
Pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables is carried out in accordance with given instructions and established routines/procedures.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures.
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate authorised personnel for directions according to established procedures.
Problems associated with pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables are dealt with using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met.
Ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures.
Complete pre-tension stringing of transmission overhead conductors and cables
Work undertaken is checked against work schedule and anomalies reported to authorised personnel in accordance with established procedures.
Accidents and/or incidents are actioned and reported to authorised personnel in accordance with established procedures.
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with given instructions and established procedures.
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures.
Appropriate personnel are notified of work completion according to established procedures.
Works completion records, report forms/data sheets are completed accurately in accordance with given instructions and established procedures.