Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRTS38A, 'Install and replace high voltage metering and associated equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and replace high voltage metering and associated equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment
OHS practices/procedures and environmental and sustainable energy procedures, which may influence the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment are reviewed and determined.
Purpose of the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment is established after data is analysed and expected outcomes of the work are confirmed with the appropriate personnel.
Organisational established procedures, policies and specifications for the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment are obtained or established with the appropriate personnel.
Installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment procedures are discussed with/directed to the appropriate personnel in order to ascertain the project brief.
Installation and replacement parameters are established from organisational established procedures, policies and specifications.
Equipment/tools and personal protective equipment is selected based on specified Performance Criteria and established procedures.
Work roles and tasks are allocated according to requirements and individuals’ competencies.
Work is prioritised and sequenced for the most efficient/effective outcome, completed within an acceptable timeframe to a quality standard and in accordance with established procedures.
Liaison and communication issues with other/authorised personnel, authorities, clients, customers are resolved and activities coordinated to carry out work.
Risk control measures are identified, prioritised and evaluated against the work schedule.
Relevant internal and external work permits are obtained to coordinate the performance of work according to requirements and/or established procedures.
Carry out the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment
OHS and sustainable energy principles, functionality and practices to prevent accidents and minimise waste are incorporated into the project in accordance with requirements and/or established procedures.
Installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment decisions are made on the basis of safety and effective outcomes according to requirements and/or established procedures.
Technical advice is given regarding potential hazards, safety risks and control measures so that monitoring and preventative action can be undertaken and/or appropriate authorities consulted, where necessary, in accordance with requirements and established procedures.
Essential knowledge and associated skills are applied to analyse specific data and compare it with compliance specifications to ensure completion of the project within an agreed timeframe according to requirements.
Installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment is undertaken according to requirements and established procedures.
Work teams/groups are arranged/coordinated/evaluated to ensure planned goals are met according to established procedures.
Solutions to non-routine problems are identified and actioned, using essential knowledge and associated skills, according to requirements.
Quality of work is monitored against personal performance agreement and/or established organisational and professional standards.
Complete the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment
Final inspections of the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment are undertaken to ensure they comply with all requirements and include all specifications and documents needed to complete the project.
Appropriate internal/external personnel are notified of completion and reports and/or completion documents are finalised/commissioned according to established procedures and timeframes.
Reports and/or completion documents are submitted to relevant personnel/organisations for approval and, where applicable, statutory or regulatory approval.
Approved copies of the installation and replacement of high voltage metering and associated equipment documents are issued and records are updated in accordance with established procedures.