Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCIRG404, 'Implement an irrigation-related environmental protection program'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement an irrigation-related environmental protection program' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Provide information to workers involved in irrigation and related work
1.1 Provide information on the irrigation and drainage environmental plan to all workers and explained in detail
1.2 Explain the relevant codes of practice, legislation and regulations and their application to all workers
1.3 Explain and demonstrate information about known risks to the environment and work practices associated with irrigation practices and related activities
1.4 Explain and demonstrate the organisationâ€™s environmental record systems and procedures
1.5 Identify environmental protection induction and training needs and make arrangements to fulfil those needs
2. Implement and monitor procedures for identifying risks to the environment and maintaining effective control measures
2.1 Identify and report risks to the environment so that adequate risk assessment and control measures can be implemented
2.2 Implement work procedures to control risks to the environment and carry out regular monitoring to ensure ongoing adherence and effectiveness of risk control
2.3 Identify inadequacies in existing risk control measures and raise measures to reduce exposure to environmental pollution events through improved work processes and procedures with the owner or manager
2.4 Identify and report inadequacies in allocation of resources to ensure environmental protection
3. Implement procedures for responding to potential and actual environmental pollution events
3.1 Implement procedures for responding to potential and actual pollution events to ensure that prompt and effective control action is taken
3.2 Investigate and report pollution events
3.3 Calculate stormwater control requirements
3.4 Discuss suitable measures to prevent recurrence and minimise risk of pollution events with the owner or manager, and implement revised procedures where necessary
4. Implement and monitor procedures for maintaining environmental protection record
4.1 Identify gaps in record keeping systems and rectify
4.2 Maintain environmental protection records
4.3 Monitor record keeping systems to ensure compliance