Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPA410, 'Inspect ratites'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Inspect ratites' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify anatomical and physiological properties specific to ratites
1.1 Identify structure of body system
2. Perform ante-mortem inspection
2.1 Identify procedures and principles for humane handling of ratites in accordance with hygiene and sanitation, workplace health and safety, and workplace requirements
2.2 Handle ratites humanely according to animal welfare regulations
2.3 Identify signs of common conditions during ante-mortem inspection and deal with them accordingly
2.4 Perform ante-mortem inspection in accordance with workplace health and safety and regulatory requirements
2.5 Identify QA issues relating to animal handling during ante-mortem inspection
2.6 Identify procedures for emergency and suspect slaughter
2.7 Complete reporting and recording requirements
3. Assess suitability for slaughter
3.1 Identify diseases and conditions affecting ratite suitability for slaughter and initiate appropriate action
3.2 Identify the signs of major exotic and notifiable diseases and report according to regulatory requirements
3.3 Take appropriate remedial action
4. Perform post-mortem inspection
4.1 Perform post-mortem inspection in accordance with regulatory requirements
4.2 Identify and detect abnormalities in ratites
4.3 Make disposition according to Australian Standards and work instructions
4.4 Identify exotic and notifiable diseases
4.5 Complete reporting and recording requirements