Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBATSIM421, 'Support a positive and culturally appropriate workplace culture'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support a positive and culturally appropriate workplace culture' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Promote respect toward people in the workplace
1.1 Promote cultural views and values in workplace
1.2 Treat individuals and groups from different backgrounds, cultures and languages with respect and sensitivity
1.3 Identify and support positive qualities of people
1.4 Take impact of board decisions on human values into account when making decisions
1.5 Identify how past experiences may impact peopleâ€™s behaviour, skills and knowledge
2 Provide support to others
2.1 Identify the knowledge, skills and experience of others
2.2 Share own knowledge and skills with others
2.3 Resolve issues in culturally appropriate and sensitive ways
2.4 Use active listening skills when communicating
2.5 Encourage others to take on new challenges
2.6 Demonstrate approachability and openness to suggestions
3 Promote an environment that encourages people to enhance their skills and knowledge
3.1 Support others to achieve work goals
3.2 Develop and apply strategies to recognise achievements
3.3 Support others to undertake relevant professional development
4 Encourage teamwork
4.1 Develop strategies supporting a team approach
4.2 Clearly outline expectations of team members
4.3 Develop and apply strategies that recognise individualsâ€™ contributions to the team
5 Reduce potential for cross-cultural misunderstandings
5.1 Identify issues that may cause cross-cultural conflict or misunderstanding in workplace
5.2 Work with board members and manager to develop and implement strategies to reduce cross-cultural misunderstandings in workplace
6 Provide constructive feedback
6.1 Encourage provision of constructive feedback in workplace
6.2 Clarify with board members and management whose role it is to provide feedback to staff members about their performance
6.3 Provide feedback to people about their performance where appropriate