Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBATSIM514, 'Recruit and induct staff'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recruit and induct staff' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Plan ongoing staffing requirements
1.1 Review staffing requirements on a regular basis
1.2 Initiate knowledge and skill audits to decide on positions required
1.3 Update recruitment policy and procedures regularly
1.4 Include additional staffing requirements in business plan
1.5 Allocate budget and resources
2 Ensure staff members are recruited in line with policy and procedures
2.1 Establish a recruitment committee
2.2 Review, endorse and document a duty statement for the position
2.3 Inform others of job vacancies
2.4 Follow the organisationâ€™s selection procedures
2.5 Notify candidates of results and provide feedback on their applications
3 Induct new staff
3.1 Develop formal contract for new employees
3.2 Outline code of conduct and how it applies
3.3 Implement induction processes
4 Ensure staff have access to training and development support
4.1 Assess and record staff development and training needs
4.2 Identify sources of funding for staff development
4.3 Ensure required staff training is provided
4.4 Encourage membership of relevant professional bodies
4.5 Promote benefits to other employers of employing local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
5 Monitor and assess staff performance regularly
5.1 Review duty statements at regular intervals
5.2 Receive and review reports on staff performance
5.3 Follow policy and procedures to identify most appropriate person to provide effective feedback to staff on performance
5.4 Provide feedback to staff according to policy and procedures
6 Oversee staff departures
6.1 Ensure all contractual obligations and requirements are completed prior to staff departures
6.2 Adhere to appropriate policies and procedures for staff departures