Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCMN311A, 'Maintain Workplace Safety'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain Workplace Safety' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assist incorporation of Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures into the work team
Understanding of basic requirements of Occupational Health and Safety legislation in area of responsibility appropriate for health and safety needs of a small work team are demonstrated
Information on the organisation's Occupational Health and Safety policies, procedures and programs is provided in a readily accessible manner and clearly explained to the work group
Information about identifying hazards and the outcomes of risk assessment and control is regularly provided and clearly explained to the work group
Support participative arrangements for the management of Occupational Health and Safety
Organisational consultative procedures are implemented and monitored to facilitate participation of work group in management of work area hazards
Issues raised through consultation are promptly dealt with in accordance with organisational procedures for issue resolution
Encouragement and assistance is given to team members to contribute to the management of Occupational Health and Safety at the workplace
Feedback from individuals and teams is used to identify and implement improvements in the management of Occupational Health and Safety
Support the organisation's procedures for providing Occupational Health and Safety training
Advice is provided on Occupational Health and Safety training needs of individuals and workgroup
Advice is provided on strategies and opportunities for development of workgroup's competencies in relation to Occupational Health and Safety
Coaching and mentoring assistance is provided to team members to support the effective development of individual and group competencies in Occupational Health and Safety
Participate in identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks for the work area
Advice is provided on hazards in work area in line with organisation's Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures
Support is provided in implementing procedures to control risks using the hierarchy of controls and in accordance with organisational procedures
Inadequacies in existing risk control measures are identified and reported in accordance with the hierarchy of controls
Occupational Health and Safety records of incidents in the work area are accurately completed and maintained in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety legal requirements