Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBCOM403, 'Provide education and training on compliance requirements and systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide education and training on compliance requirements and systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Identify the requirements for induction and ongoing training programs
1.1 Establish compliance requirements relevant to the organisation and the associated compliance program/management system
1.2 Confirm and document the organisationâ€™s obligations and responsibilities in providing induction and training activities
1.3 Identify and confirm individual responsibilities of personnel within the organisation to implement the organisationâ€™s compliance program/management system
1.4 Assess and document current competence and capacity of personnel to implement and maintain a compliance program/management system
1.5 Determine induction and training needs of personnel to achieve the required levels of competence
2 Plan internal and external compliance education and training systems
2.1 Develop compliance training objectives based on assessed training needs of personnel
2.2 Assess and compare quality and costs of external training options
2.3 Assess ability of organisation to deliver required training internally
2.4 Select and organise appropriate internal compliance training programs and/or external compliance training options to meet assessed compliance management training needs
2.5 Negotiate training options if required
2.6 Prepare and negotiate budget for internal and external compliance training with appropriate organisational personnel
2.7 Identify training personnel requirements and recruit and prepare appropriate staff
3 Organise internal and external compliance education and training systems
3.1 Organise appropriate training and assessment materials and facilities for development or acquisition (where required)
3.2 Prepare and execute implementation plans for the internal and external compliance training as approved
3.3 Negotiate and sign contract/s for required external compliance training as per organisational policies and procedures
3.4 Implement planned corporate induction and training programs
4 Evaluate and monitor the compliance education and training systems
4.1 Prepare operational plan for the monitoring and evaluation of internal and external compliance training systems and seek approval from appropriate personnel
4.2 Identify and organise staff and resources required for the monitoring and evaluation of internal and external compliance training systems
4.3 Implement approved plans for the monitoring and evaluation of internal and external compliance training systems
5 Document the operation of the compliance education and training systems
5.1 Document plans for the development and operation of both internal and external compliance induction and training systems in accordance with organisational requirements
5.2 Prepare, process and store operational reports, certification and training and assessment records
5.3 Prepare and process reports on the outcomes of monitoring and evaluation of compliance induction training systems as required