Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFLM505B, 'Manage operational plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage operational plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop operational plan
Resource requirements are researched, analysed and documented and an operational plan is developed and/or implemented in consultation with relevant personnel, colleagues and specialist resource managers
Consultation processes are developed and/or implemented as an integral part of the operational planning process
Operational plans are developed to contribute to the achievement of the organisation's performance/business plan
Details of the operational plan include the development of key performance indicators to measure organisational performance
Contingency plans are developed and implemented at appropriate stages of operational planning
The development and presentation of proposals for resource requirements are assisted by a variety of information sources, and specialist advice is sought as required
Plan and manage resource acquisition
Strategies are developed and implemented to ensure that employees are recruited and/or inducted within the organisation's human resource management policies and practices
Strategies are developed and implemented to ensure that physical resources and services are acquired in accordance with the organisation's policies, practices and procedures
Monitor and review operational performance
Performance systems and processes are developed, monitored and reviewed to assess progress in achieving profit and productivity plans and targets
Budget and actual financial information is analysed and interpreted to monitor and review profit and productivity performance
Areas of under performance are identified, solutions recommended, and prompt action is taken to rectify the situation
Systems are planned and implemented to ensure that mentoring and coaching are provided to support individuals and teams to use resources effectively, economically and safely
Recommendations for variations to operational plans are negotiated and approved by designated persons/groups
Systems are developed and implemented to ensure that procedures and records associated with documenting performance are managed in accordance with the organisation's requirements