Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCAC507D, 'Plan and monitor service delivery plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and monitor service delivery plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify the service needs of the older person
1.1 Select assessment tools approved for use in the workplace and utilise appropriately
1.2 Instigate the collection of client data in order to determine service needs
1.3 Utilise a variety of appropriate data collection methods
1.4 Seek assistance from carer, other service providers and health professionals when gathering data and interpreting findings
2. Consult with the older person and/or their carer when determining the service delivery plan
2.1 Encourage the older person and/or their significant other/s to participate in the data collection process
2.2 Facilitate case conferences to determine service delivery strategy/s
2.3 Acknowledge the older person's and/or their advocate's right to determine service options to be chosen
2.4 Demonstrate respect for the older person's and/or their advocate's right to refuse the proposed interventions
3. Develop and implement the service delivery plan
3.1 Develop the service delivery plan in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure it reflects the needs, identified goals and determined interventions
3.2 Determine service delivery priorities in conjunction with all stakeholders
3.3 Document the service delivery plan in accordance with organisation's protocols
3.4 Assign activities to appropriate services and/ or workers
3.5 Access appropriate resources and allocate in accordance with organisation protocols
4. Monitor and review the service delivery plan
4.1 Seek feedback from the older person, other service providers and/or workers as to the effectiveness of the plan
4.2 Adapt the plan to reflect any changes required
4.3 Identify potential risks to the older person and/or the service provider in the provision of determined care
4.4 Recognise and report to supervisor when service provider is no longer able to meet the needs of the older person