Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCD514B, 'Implement community development strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement community development strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Work with individuals and groups to identify issues
1.1 Use appropriate interpersonal skills with individuals and groups to ensure that their story is heard and understood and to test that there is common understanding
1.2 Respond to individual and group concerns in a manner which shows respect and a commitment to assist in their resolution
1.3 Provide appropriate referrals to assist in the resolution of issues
1.4 Identify and address barriers to moving private concerns into public action
2. Work with groups to establish cooperative processes
2.1 Identify relevant models of work that may address group issues and needs
2.2 Identify and establish mechanisms and actions to address group issues and needs
2.3 Organise a range of opportunities to facilitate community participation
2.4 Establish common goals and coordinate strategies for a cooperative group process
2.5 Engage key stakeholders in planning, implementing and evaluating strategies for community empowerment and action
2.6 Address organisation's reporting requirements
3. Support group processes and skills development
3.1 Identify and access available resources to facilitate successful group and community work strategies and activities
3.2 Assist in facilitation of effective group meetings and enhance outcomes
3.3 Support and maintain group processes to facilitate achievement of identified outcomes by the group
3.4 Monitor effectiveness of group processes and provide information to the group to enable improvement and change as required
4. Reflect on practice
4.1 Reflect on own practice
4.2 Regularly participate in a review mechanism as a commitment to upgrading skills and knowledge
4.3 Work with group to regularly undertake review mechanisms
4.4 Work with group to reflect on group practice and processes