Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCDFV404C, 'Promote community awareness of domestic and family violence'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote community awareness of domestic and family violence' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify information, resource and service requirements
1.1 Employ appropriate evaluation methods to evaluate domestic violence information, resources and services available in the community
1.2 Review relevance of existing community activities and materials based on changing community needs and organisation philosophy
1.3 Accurately identify gaps and inadequacies in existing information, resources and services in accordance with organisation standards and procedures
1.4 Undertake research to ensure that information reflects the underpinning values and philosophies of domestic violence including a domestic violence prevention focus
2. Support community participation
2.1 Support community participation in line with organisation standards and procedures
2.2 Use appropriate interpersonal and networking skills to enlist support from key people and groups influencing community values
2.3 Provide opportunities for key people and groups to participate in designing and evaluating programs, policies and strategies to address the changing needs of the community
2.4 Undertake cooperative planning to develop appropriate policies and strategies which address the identified community service education needs
3. Promote domestic violence awareness
3.1 Identify and utilise relevant opportunities to formally and informally communicate and promote awareness of domestic violence in line with community needs
3.2 Promote service delivery and activities in a way that facilitates understanding and gains support
3.3 Implement strategies to address identified gaps and inadequacies in information, resources and services in accordance with organisation standards and procedures
3.4 Identify opportunities for community education programs and/or resources/services, and clarify and evaluate with key people and groups
3.5 Evaluate and discuss community activities with key people and groups to determine future directions