Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPBDN5007, 'Inspect and analyse sites and produce measured drawings for small-scale building design projects'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Inspect and analyse sites and produce measured drawings for small-scale building design projects' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Inspect site for small-scale building design project.
Site inspection tasks for small-scale building design project are planned with reference to site information and workplace procedures.
Site is inspected, sketched and where required photographed, and existing characteristics are noted according to workplace procedures.
Features of surrounding area that may affect design options are investigated and noted according to workplace procedures.
Measure and record site dimensions.
Linear site dimensions are measured or calculated, and recorded according to workplace procedures.
Levelling devices are set up and adjusted according to manufacturer instructions and workplace procedures.
Horizontal and vertical angles are determined and recorded.
Plot contours and cut and fill areas.
Contour lines are interpolated from spot level values and plotted on site plan.
Cut and fill areas are measured or calculated and plotted in plan and section drawings.
Analyse site and produce measured drawings.
Field data is correlated and applied to production of measured drawings according to workplace procedures.
Orientation and layout of key design elements are determined, in consultation with technical experts as required, and added to measured drawings.
Measured drawings and site analysis documentation are finalised within project timelines and processed according to workplace procedures.