Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUADAN302, 'Increase depth of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dance technique'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Increase depth of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander dance technique' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Consolidate understanding of traditional Indigenous performing arts
1.1 Analyse historical and contemporary aspects and roles of performing arts practice for individuals and families in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
1.2 Identify cultural values and principles in relation to artistic performance in Indigenous Australian communities
1.3 Seek advice from relevant personnel as required regarding principles of customary law and how they affect own dance practice
1.4 Use dance and performance terminology in discussions about the connection between traditional and contemporary cultural performing arts practice
2. Develop a body of information on the Australian cultural tourism and heritage industry
2.1 Determine relationships between cultural tourism, cultural heritage and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander performing arts activities
2.2 Record, monitor and file information on the Australian cultural tourism industry in simple and accessible ways
2.3 Use opportunities to update industry knowledge and incorporate relevant information into own professional dance practice
3. Develop Indigenous Australian dance techniques
3.1 Identify the influence of customs and time on dress in dance activities of different styles of Indigenous Australian dances
3.2 Analyse the relationships in which musical elements, dramatic role and performance techniques form a distinctive character of particular pieces or performances
3.3 Establish a relationship with a performing arts mentor to determine the cultural protocols, purpose, style and content of dance routines
3.4 Develop a mentoring plan in consultation with a mentor or professional dance performer
3.5 Choreograph sequences of body movement activities as simple dance performances in a chosen cultural story or musical piece
3.6 Develop a repertoire of fluid positions, movements and actions in differing patterns and poses in conjunction with mentors
3.7 Seek feedback from others about ways to improve Indigenous Australian dance techniques
4. Demonstrate technical requirements of Indigenous Australian performance and material
4.1 Under direction of mentors, use appropriate cultural and aesthetic aspects of Indigenous Australian community in the design of techniques, language and movements for solo and ensemble Indigenous Australian dance sequences
4.2 Perform sequences of dance movements and activities, alone and with others, which appropriately express cultural content and context, and comply cultural, customary law, copyright and intellectual property requirements
4.3 Follow cultural protocols, ethics and traditions when rehearsing and performing
5. Maintain health and safety during dance performances
5.1 Take responsibility for own and othersâ€™ safety in compliance with health and safety policies during practice sessions and performances
5.2 Implement strategies that ensure environmentally friendly impact of dance performances
5.3 Demonstrate a positive personal work ethic
5.4 Seek opportunities to enhance cultural and technical skills and knowledge
5.5 Seek and apply audience feedback on ways to improve own dance technique