Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUAPPM412, 'Organise and facilitate rehearsals'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Organise and facilitate rehearsals' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Select and secure rehearsal facilities
1.1 Determine facility requirements for rehearsals through liaison with relevant production personnel and analysis of rehearsal documentation
1.2 Develop specifications for rehearsal venues
1.3 Research potential rehearsal venues using appropriate information sources
1.4 Assess suitability of venues based on comparison of services against specifications
1.5 Complete a risk assessment of potential venues and integrate findings into selection and planning processes
1.6 Negotiate and liaise with venue management to ensure requirements can be met, and address potential problem areas in line with organisational procedures
1.7 Provide clear and accurate briefings on rehearsal options to relevant production personnel, including recommendations and rationale
1.8 Book venue and confirm venue arrangements accurately in writing when selection process is finalised
2. Coordinate physical requirements for rehearsals
2.1 Measure and mark up rehearsal facilities to meet needs of production, including design and specifications
2.2 Organise required physical elements according to rehearsal schedule and daily requirements
2.3 Arrange transportation of physical elements to the rehearsal facility according to production specifications and within required timeframes
2.4 Confirm physical elements are set up, checked by relevant production personnel, and operating according to design specifications
2.5 Monitor set-ups to ensure work health and safety (WHS) and public safety standards are implemented, with reference to organisational policies and procedures
2.6 Advise production personnel of the nature and limitations of physical elements
3. Prepare and distribute rehearsal documentation
3.1 Confirm required contractual arrangements for venues, production personnel and others are in order, in line with organisational policies and procedures
3.2 Compile and circulate information and documentation required by production personnel promptly and to minimise potential disruptions to rehearsal
3.3 Develop rehearsal schedules according to provisions in the relevant award, enterprise agreements and budget
3.4 Amend schedules and production documentation as necessary, and promptly distribute to appropriate personnel
4. Facilitate communications during rehearsals
4.1 Deal with requirements of creative and technical participants in a professional manner, taking into account any cultural or language differences
4.2 Communicate with creative and technical participants regularly throughout the rehearsal process in a manner that maintains positive working relations
4.3 Broker resolution of any technical problems by facilitating discussions between performers and technical crew
4.4 Take appropriate action to meet creative and technical requirements of participants
4.5 Process administrative requirements of cast and crew, including extras, as required
5. Participate in rehearsals
5.1 Provide technical assistance as required and anticipate and respond to new rehearsal requirements
5.2 Monitor rehearsals, and stage manage, if required, according to production requirements
5.3 Calculate and record performance timings for use in production documents
5.4 Participate in production meetings or post-rehearsal note sessions to identify any production problems and resolve with minimum disruption to the rehearsal process and budget
5.5 Confirm and organise arrangements for future rehearsal sessions with relevant production personnel as required