Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUESMT05B, 'Stage manage the production/event'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Stage manage the production/event' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Oversee preparation of the production/event
Identify and rectify potential problems that could impact on the smooth running of the production and inform the appropriate personnel as required
Check that appropriate personnel are present at the specified time and have completed any administrative procedures
Conduct briefings with production and performance team, as required
Supply performers with the relevant items and areas required for the production/event
Ensure cast and crew valuables are secured according to organisational policy
Communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure that all technical pre-show checks are completed within the required timeframe and that required technical elements are operating
Liaise with relevant colleagues to complete other pre-performance requirements
Coordinate the stage set-up
Liaise with all stage production personnel and monitor work activities against relevant schedules
Ensure all technical and performance personnel are present at the specified time
Assess workflow and progress of set-up activities against timelines and initiate short term action to resolve any problems in meeting the deadline
Identify and rectify potential problems that could impact on the smooth running of the production and inform the appropriate personnel as required.
Communicate with appropriate personnel to ensure that all technical pre-show checks are completed within the required time frame and that required technical elements are operating.
Communicate with the appropriate personnel to ensure that staging elements and equipment are correctly arranged in correct working order and in accordance with design specifications.
Monitor the set-up to ensure that all Occupational Health and Safety issues have been addressed in accordance with relevant legislation and organisational procedures.
Run the production/event
Monitor production and performance elements and take appropriate action to resolve with minimum disruption to the production
Use reference materials appropriately to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the production/event
Communicate any changes to the production promptly to all appropriate personnel, ensuring all changes meet production standards
Ensure the movement of physical elements occurs in accordance with production schedule/running sheet and timing
Maintain working relations and communication with production and performance team
Provide appropriate briefings and materials to cast and crew prior to the performance
Liaise with cast and crew in a timely manner regarding any pre-performance requirements
Communicate with cast and crew regularly throughout the production in an open manner to maintain positive working relations
Provide clear instructions in a manner that is appropriate to the production requirements, ensuring that timing is maintained and precise
Communicate with personnel in a clear and concise manner to ensure efficient, safe and disciplined production practices
Finalise the performance/event
Accurately prepare post-performance documentation according to organisational procedures
Organise the clearance and cleaning of the production/event sites as required, including appropriate security, storage and disposal
Maintain required production facilities and stocks of consumables for use in future productions
Identify any repairs or maintenance required and take appropriate action
Identify the need for and make any necessary adjustments to production documentation to ensure consistency and quality of future performances