Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CULMS610B, 'Research, describe and document cultural material'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Research, describe and document cultural material' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Describe cultural material
Examine cultural material in accordance with industry best practice and organisational procedures
Research relevant information regarding history and provenance of the cultural material
Accurately identify unusual and distinctive features of the cultural material
Clearly identify the cultural material wherever possible and provide a rationale for the identification
Accurately and clearly record the results of the identification process in an appropriate format
Identify and consult with key stakeholders regarding the significance of cultural material
Clearly identify the relationship of the material to related items in the collection and the significance of this relationship
Identify the need for and seek appropriate expert advice where necessary
Take action to ensure an item's condition and its conservation needs are fully described, and alert relevant personnel as required
Record descriptions in accordance with organisational procedures and practices
Articulate the significance of the cultural material in an appropriate format and in sufficient detail to meet organisational requirements
Complete accession details
Allocate accession numbers according to organisational procedures and practices and from the correct sequence
Confirm the identity of the cultural material before the accession process is implemented
Accurately record the accession number in the appropriate information system
Accurately record the accession number on the cultural material in accordance with organisational procedures and practices