Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCH001B, 'Provide pastoral care'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide pastoral care' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Encourage spiritual formation in the organisation
1.1 Mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of the organisation community is monitored and documented.
1.2 Frameworks for responding to crises are provided in accordance with organisational requirements.
1.3 Opportunities for the organisation community to deepen spiritual awareness are provided.
1.4 Spiritual quests of the organisation community are attended to.
2. Provide supportive networks
2.1 Information on availability of chaplaincy and other pastoral services is provided to the organisation and organisation members.
2.2 Pastoral care and welfare programs are implemented in accordance with organisational requirements.
2.3 Collaborative relationships with local clergy are established.
2.4 Family members are supported in their home in accordance with organisational requirements.
2.5 Liaison with support agencies is undertaken and maintained.
3. Administer the pastoral care of the organisation
3.1 The specific needs of organisation members are determined through consultation.
3.2 An appropriate program is developed in liaison with the organisation members and coordinating authority.
3.3 Pastoral care is provided for organisation members in accordance with organisational requirements.
3.4 Pastoral support to organisational members in their work, home and leisure environments is provided in accordance with organisational requirements.
3.5 Pastoral support is provided to family members in crisis in accordance with organisational requirements.
3.6 Pastoral issues and trends are reported in accordance with organisational requirements.
4. Counsel organisation members and their families
4.1 Assessment of the organisation’s members seeking counsel is conducted in accordance with organisational requirements.
4.2 Relationship is established and maintained with community members.
4.3 Pastoral counselling is conducted in accordance with organisational requirements.
4.4 Community members are referred to appropriate agencies in accordance with organisational requirements.
4.5 Post trauma pastoral care programs are implemented as required.
5. Maintain records
5.1 Pastoral care and counselling proceedings are documented in accordance with organisational policy.
5.2 Records are maintained in accordance with organisational requirements.